Fort Lauderdale Office
Alexander Fischer is a founding partner, and current Managing Partner, of Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP, and heads the firm’s Broward Office. His practice is focused on business litigation and appeals, with a specific emphasis on contract disputes, business formation, employment and discrimination litigation, and arbitration. Alex’s clients include corporations, individuals, and community associations, and he routinely represents shareholders in disputes within a corporation. His practice also extends to the area of white-collar criminal defense, where he represents individuals accused of federal and state crimes at the trial and appellate levels. As a former prosecutor, Alex also has vast experience in the area of criminal law and is a seasoned trial attorney, with over 40 jury trials handled through verdict.
Alex has been able to utilize his litigation experience to achieve positive results for his clients in difficult and complex matters, such as obtaining a favorable judgment in a million-dollar proceeding supplementary seeking to, among other things, void two fraudulent transfers made by the judgment debtors to an offshore trust; his success on appeal of a finding of contempt in that same case; his full award in an arbitration against a trans-national moving company for damages; his representation of a major cruise line in numerous complex commercial litigation matters; as well as many others representations resulting in favorable resolutions.
Prior to founding Sanchez Fischer Levine, Alex worked for a well-respected South Florida law firm handling civil litigation matters for local police departments, private businesses, and individual litigants. Alex successfully represented clients in matters relating to civil forfeitures, FDUTPA violations, employment disputes, civil appeals, and general business litigation. He also litigated matters relating to the new Risk Protection Order (“RPO”) law, which allows for law enforcement to seize firearms and ammunition if they are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others. Alex began his career as a prosecutor in the Office of the State Attorney in and for Broward County, Florida. In just under six years, Alex secured thousands of criminal convictions and prosecuted an array of criminal charges, including violent crimes and major drug trafficking offenses.
Alex is an AV-rated Preeminent Attorney with Martindale-Hubbell and has received accolades from Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, Florida Legal Elite, and the South Florida Legal Guide, among others. In the legal community, Alex currently serves as Vice Chair of the International Ethics Committee of the American Bar Association Section of International Law. Additionally, due to his reputation with other lawyers and judges, the Florida Bar appointed Alex to the Governmental and Public Policy Committee, one of a few substantive law committees of the Florida Bar. As to volunteer community efforts, he is an active member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Broward County Bar Association and International Jewish Federation.
Alex is licensed to practice in the States of Florida and Illinois, and is admitted into various federal courts around the country.
- Represented plaintiff consumer against intranational moving company for beach of contract and negligence, obtaining complete judgment after arbitration.
- Represented judgment creditor in proceedings supplementary trial to attach and revert fraudulent transfers, obtaining judgment in client’s favor. Post-trial successfully moved the court to hold opposing parties in contempt for failure to abide by the trial order.
- Represented plaintiff shareholder in fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, injunctive relief, and judicial dissolution lawsuit against the other shareholder. Negotiated settlement favoring client.
- Represented accused individual against federal government in claim of currency seizure, obtaining award of entire amount of funds seized.
- Represented plaintiff association in specific performance case against homeowner spanning four years. Acquired final summary judgment in favor of client.
- Represented plaintiff minority shareholder in lawsuit against majority shareholder in a derivative and direct action for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, violation of the uniform fraudulent transfer act, tortious interference with a business relationship, and conversion.
- Represented plaintiff state-wide restaurant company in breach of contract lawsuit.
- Representing plaintiff doctor’s office in breach of employment contract matter.
- Represented police departments in organization and effectuation of the procedures for Risk Protection Orders after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.
- Handled seven petitions for Risk Protection Orders for a police department client responsible for one of the largest municipalities in Broward County, successfully securing all seven petitions on behalf of the client.
- Represented police departments in multiple forfeiture actions.
- Represented local police department in appeal of trial court’s finding of Final Summary Judgment granting forfeiture in client’s favor of vehicle used in conjunction with narcotics arrest.
- Represented local police department in appeal of trial court’s finding of Final Summary Judgment granting forfeiture in client’s favor of property found to be contraband under Florida Statutes.
- Represented Condominium Association in appeal of trial court’s finding of Final Summary Judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented plaintiff association in foreclosure trial in Broward County, obtaining judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented plaintiff association in trial for specific performance in Broward County, obtaining judgment in client’s favor.
- Defended several corporate entities in federal discrimination claims. No finding of discrimination was found in any claim.
- Appointed by former Governor Rick Scott to handle three cases in Miami-Dade County, Florida, including attempted murder trial, where Defendant was convicted on all three counts, as well as two separate Robbery with Firearm cases, in which guilty pleas were entered.
- Appointed by former Governor Rick Scott to handle two cases in Palm Beach County, Florida, where Defendant was convicted in both cases via guilty plea.
- Conducted criminal investigations alongside the Drug Enforcement Agency, Homeland Security and local police departments while a prosecutor in the Drug Trafficking Unit.
- Conducted investigations with the Traffic Homicide Unit from all local police departments for the charges of D.U.I. Manslaughter and Vehicular Homicide.
- Supervised up to 15 felony prosecutors at one time, with the authority to waive minimum-mandatory prison sentences, lower charges, or completely dismiss cases as a Felony Supervisor.
- Obtained guilty verdicts in 32 out of 41 criminal jury trials.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law (2009)
- Certified Legal Intern for the Eighth Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office
- Created Externship between Levin College of Law and Seventeenth Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, University of Florida (2006)
- Richard and Valerie Goldblatt v. The Raymond and Selma Weisbein Irrevocable Trust, Appellate Case No.: 3D20-0758 (Fla. 3d DCA 2021) (affirming order of contempt against judgment debtors for failure to comply with proceedings supplementary order).
- Tatiana and Galina Kasimtseva v. Omega Condominium No. 1 Association, Appellate Case No.: CACE 15-019105 AP (Fla. 17th Cir. 2018) (affirming final summary judgment of association foreclosure against claims of lack of jurisdiction and unsubstantial evidence).
- Speaker, “Privacy at Risk: Searches of Electronic Devices at Ports and Beyond,” State Bar of Michigan Immigration Law Section, Ohio-AILA, Michigan-AILA, Virtual, May 2021.
- Speaker, “Privacy at Risk: Searches of Electronic Devices at Ports and Beyond,” ABA International Law Section Webinar, Virtual, March 2021.
- Author, Pandemic Creates Legal Dangers for Community Associations, South Florida Business & Wealth Daily, April 23, 2020.
- Speaker, “Society Gone Mad – Emotions & Legalities With ‘Stand Your Ground,’” 3rd Annual Societal Violence Conference, Davie, Florida, August 2019.
- Speaker, “Society Gone Mad – Emotions & Legalities With ‘Stand Your Ground,’” 3rd Annual Societal Violence Conference, Boca Raton, Florida, August 2019.
- American Bar Association Section of International Law – Vice Chair of International Ethics Committee (2021-present)
- Florida Bar Committee – Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy (2020-2021)
- International Jewish Federation – Community Relations Council (2020-2021)
- Broward County Bar – Young Lawyer’s Section (2015-Present)
- “Rising Star” – Florida Super Lawyers (2021)
- “Florida Legal Elite Up & Comer” – Florida Trend Magazine (2021)
- “Ones to Watch” – Best Lawyers (2021)
- “Top Up & Comer” – South Florida Legal Guide (2020)
- AV-Rated Preeminent Attorney – Martindale-Hubbell (2018-2021)