Los Angeles Office
Chad S. Purdie is a partner at Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP, whose well-rounded practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and transactional/regulatory matters, primarily involving international issues. Having practiced in both law firms and in-house at a major international financial services company, Chad possesses a unique business perspective that allows him to mix legal and business judgment to best serve the clients’ needs. Those clients include multinational corporations, foreign governments, and their officials, private U.S. and foreign citizens, and local start-up businesses.
He is a veteran litigator that has handled matters from inception through final appeals in both state and federal courts, as well as arbitral tribunals. He specializes in complex law and motion practice, global litigation strategy, and appeals, and has successfully represented numerous corporate entities and foreign government agencies in U.S. litigation. Those matters have included contractual and other business disputes, intellectual property/counterfeiting matters, defamation/First Amendment issues, and international law.
Chad is also an accomplished contract negotiator and corporate attorney, often closing deals involving intellectual property rights, corporate governance, mergers/acquisitions, financing, and distribution rights. He advises clients on intellectual property registration and enforcement, as well as data privacy laws such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act. Chad is also a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- “Rising Star” – Florida Super Lawyers (2017 – 2021)
- “Florida Legal Elite Up & Comer” – Florida Trend Magazine (2021)
- “Top Lawyer Under 40” – Hispanic National Bar Association (2020)
- “Top Up & Comer in Law” – South Florida Business & Wealth Magazine (2019)
- “Top Up & Comer” – South Florida Legal Guide (2019)
- “On the Rise Attorney” – Daily Business Review (2018)
- AV-Rated Preeminent Attorney – Martindale-Hubbell (2017)
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law (2007)
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Doyle Merit Scholarship
- B.A, Broadcast Journalism, Arizona State University (2002)
- Redfield Investments, A.V.V. v. Village of Pinecrest, 990 So.2d 1135 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008) (overturning service on foreign corporation where plaintiff failed to meet the statutory and due process requirements for service by publication)
- Robles-Martinez v. Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP, 88 So.3d 177 (Fla. 3d DCA 2011) (affirming finding of valid substitute service)
- Global Commodities Trading Group, Inc. v. Beneficio de Arroz Choloma, S.A. et al., No. 2:16-CV-01045, 2016 WL 4041219 (E.D. Cal. July 28, 2016) (securing denial of temporary restraining order against defendant’s prosecution of related lawsuit in Honduras)
- Global Commodities Trading Group, Inc. v. Beneficio de Arroz Choloma, S.A. et al., No. 2:16-CV-01045, 2017 WL 3537279 (E.D. Cal. Aug. 17, 2017) (obtaining dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction all claims against Honduran company and its owners)
- Vara v. Inocenti, No. 18-23058-CIV, 2018 WL 8415251 (S.D. Fla. Nov. 16, 2018) (obtaining remand to Florida state court of fraud case involving HSBC, Barclays, and Wells Fargo)
- Richard and Valerie Goldblatt v. The Raymond and Selma Weisbein Irrevocable Trust, Appellate Case No.: 3D20-0758 (Fla. 3d DCA 2021) (affirming order of contempt against judgment debtors for failure to comply with proceedings supplementary order).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist – ACAMS (2008)
- Speaker, Injunctive Relief in Arbitral Tribunals, International Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Conference before the Union Nacional de Juristas de Cuba (Cuban Bar Association), Havana, Cuba, January 2010.
- Speaker, Injunctive Relief in Arbitral Tribunals, Caribbean Congress on International Commercial Arbitration, Havana, Cuba June 2010.
- Speaker, The Cuban Court of International Commercial Arbitration: The Key To Economic Growth Through the Rule of Law?, Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy, Miami, Florida, August 2010.
- Moderator, China – Latin America Business Seminar, with presentations by ambassadors to China from several Latin American countries, Beijing, China, May 2011.
- “Rising Star” – Florida Super Lawyers (2017)
- “Top Up & Comer” – South Florida Legal Guide (2018-2021)