Corporate & Transactional Law
Thorough. Precise. Rigorous.
Other Practice Areas
Corporate Formation & Transaction
Paying attention to the details is critical when starting a business and growing an industry footprint. Our transactional lawyers can assist businesses every step of the way, including selection of the right corporate form for each business’ model, limited liability, asset protection, and tax concerns; negotiating new business ventures to maximize profits and minimize risk; and intellectual property protection. Our services include:
- Corporate formation, including C and S corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Corporate governance matters
- Complex contractual negotiations and drafting
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure, and non-compete agreements
- Personnel policies and procedures
- Financing agreements
- Intellectual property registrations, including trademarks and copyrights
- Serve as outside general counsel
- Trust management
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our lawyers help businesses achieve their goals through the complex deal-making required when a company buys another or companies merge. Areas of focus include:
- Negotiated acquisitions and dispositions
- Mergers of equals
- Cross-border transactions
- Joint ventures and other business alliances
Financial Services & Regulatory Compliance
Our financial services and regulatory compliance lawyers help businesses navigate an uncertain and often-changing regulatory environment. Areas of focus include:
We assist companies as they acquire, develop, and implement new financial technologies, platforms, and services.
Anti-Money Laundering Compliance (AML/CFT)
Our Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists help businesses and financial institutions implement and refine their compliance policies and procedures to adhere to federal and state regulations.
Banking & Financial Regulations
Our attorneys advise businesses on complex federal and state banking and financial services laws that regularly affect businesses.
Financial Information & Privacy
The security of our clients and their customers’ information is the highest priority in the financial services world. We advise clients on all aspects of data privacy and security, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the CAN-SPAM Act and other federal and state telemarketing laws, and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Data Privacy & Cybersecurity
Our Data Privacy & Cybersecurity attorneys advise clients on a variety of state and federal legal requirements related to the handling and protection of sensitive information. Areas of focus include:
- Privacy rights, including under the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Data protection
- Consumer protection
- Internet law and domain rights
- Trade secrets