Meet Our Attorneys
Fausto Sanchez is a founding partner of Sanchez Fischer Levine, LLP and is based out of the firm’s Miami office. Fausto’s practice is focused in the areas of complex commercial litigation, arbitration, and corporate dispute resolution. His clients include corporate entities, small to mid-sized businesses, private U.S. citizens, and foreign parties in litigation or arbitration throughout the United States. Fausto is a fluent Spanish speaker and many of his international clients include European and Latin American businesses, including cruise lines, hotels, universities, family offices, retail conglomerates, technical consultation companies, and scientific research organizations.
Intelligent, great work ethic, excellent legal reasoning and analytics.
Fausto worked extremely hard on our case. We got the desired result, but only due to the amount of work he put in.
Mr. Sanchez is an extremely competent and skilled trial lawyer whose talent was apparent from the first few days in my division.
Mr. Sanchez & the firm has stepped into our business environment and demonstrated professional excellence in advising our business stakeholders on various complex international litigation matters.
Energetic, insightful, resourceful and creative in his efforts.
Outstanding young attorney.
I have had the privilege of watching Mr. Sanchez in action and he is an extremely talented litigator who does everything for his clients while maintaining the ethical standards of our profession.
J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepherd Broad Law Center (2010)
- Law Review
- Moot Court
- Nova Trial Association
B.S., Political Science, Florida State University (2006)
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
SFL Welcomes Associate Attorney Amber Couzo
SFL is thrilled to welcome associate attorney Amber Couzo to the firm. Amber will practice in the firm’s
Seminole 100 Ranks SFL 5th in its Top 100 Fastest-Growing Businesses
Seminole 100 recognizes and ranks the 100 fastest-growing Florida State University alumni-owned, or alumni-led, businesses from across the
Prior to co-founding Sanchez Fischer Levine, Fausto was a partner at a prominent international litigation firm, handling complex, cross-border commercial disputes, where he successfully represented numerous corporate entities in U.S. litigation, including dozens of American auto dealers in a mass action lawsuit against a major Indian auto manufacturer. He also represented professional athletes in contract negotiations with NFL organizations, as well as in their business, civil, and criminal litigation matters. Fausto began his career working as a prosecutor for the State of Florida. As an Assistant State Attorney for the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, Fausto handled thousands of criminal cases and dozens of jury trials, ranging from elaborate economic crimes to violent first-degree felonies. His successes as a prosecutor led him to achieve Board Certification in the State of Florida as a Specialist in Criminal Trial and ACAMS certification as an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. Fausto’s expertise in the area of criminal law serves as a useful tool when representing commercial clients, allowing him to conduct internal investigations and advise corporate clients on issues such as corporate theft, embezzlement, misuse of corporate assets, and compliance, as well as on matters relating to OFAC economic sanctions, referrals for criminal prosecution, and white-collar criminal defense. Fausto is rated an AV-rated Preeminent Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. He currently serves Deputy Regional President and Member of the Board of Directors for Region VIII of the Hispanic National Bar Association, and previously served as a Vice-Chair for the American Bar Association’s International Ethics Committee. He regularly speaks as a panelist on issues relating to diversity in the legal profession, as well as on cutting edge developments in the practice of law. He has been recognized by various organizations and legal publications for his professional achievements to date, including being named a “Top Lawyer Under 40” by the Hispanic National Bar Association, a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a “Top Up & Comer” by the South Florida Legal Guide, and an “On the Rise” attorney by the Daily Business Review.
- Represent preeminent hotel chain in variety of matters, including real estate litigation,
commercial evictions, and corporate disputes with third parties.
- Represent leading staffing company in litigation relating to breaches of services contracts.
- Represent prominent plastic surgery center in governmental investigation over consumer complaints for alleged deceptive trade practices and false advertising.
- Represent professional athletes, dancers, choreographers, artists, and other creatives in matters relating to cryptocurrency and digital assets.
- Represented European online university in dispute over sale, purchase, transfer of ownership, and theft of corporate trade secrets.
- Represented 30 American auto dealerships located in 17 different states against Indian automotive conglomerate in multimillion dollar federal and state court mass action litigation for fraud and violation of various “Dealer Day in Court” statutes.
- Represented Costa Rican investment funds in Delaware litigation brought by former investor, twice obtaining dismissal of all claims brought against clients.
- Represented Brazilian-based gaming company in contractual dispute with vendor.
- Represented Venezuelan individual in U.S. lawsuit for fraud and breach of contract against former business associate.
- Represented U.S. construction and engineering company in lawsuit for violations of FLSA and Florida’s Whistleblower Act.
- Represented Venezuelan businessman in defamation action against U.S. television broadcasting company for the publication of false information.
- Represented Miami-Dade Police Officer in appeal of criminal conviction for DUI on basis of
prosecution’s improper burden shifting during closing argument. Obtained
reversal of conviction on appeal.
- Represented Cuban immigrant and U.S. resident, pro bono, in vacating an 18-year-old felony conviction at trial court to avoid client’s deportation, although the trial court’s ruling was subsequently overturned on appeal.
- Conducted internal investigation for Central American agricultural corporate group to discover inappropriate, unauthorized and criminal employee conduct.
- Conducted internal investigation for a Brazilian gaming company to discover internal theft, embezzlement, and misappropriation of corporate funds.
- Represented multiple Central and South American entities and their individual owners in federal criminal investigations for money laundering and other economic crimes.
- Represented the State of Florida in over three thousand criminal cases, including 47 jury trials in Broward County, Florida.
- Fernando Villa v. State of Florida, Appellate Case No.:14-222 AC (Fla., 11th Cir. 2015) (reversing conviction of DUI of police officer on basis of impermissible burden shifting by the prosecution).
- Speaker, “§ 1782 Proceedings: Providing Foreign Attorneys with United States Federal Court Assistance in Gathering Evidence,” Webinar, Miami (Virtual), April 29, 2020.
- Speaker, “Digital Currency – The Ethical Considerations for Accepting Cryptocurrency as Payment for Legal Services,” ABA International Law Section Conference, Washington D.C., April 2019.
- Speaker, “Superstars of Trial,” American Inns of Court, Miami, Florida, September 2018.
- Quoted, NRA, Republicans Refute GOP Sheriff’s Stand-Your-Ground Claims, https://www.politico.com/
states/florida/story/2018/07/ 30/nra-republicans-refute-gop- sheriffs-stand-your-ground- claims-534054, Politico, July 30, 2018.
- Speaker, “Mitos y Realidades de la Lista Clinton (Myths and Realities of the [OFAC] List),” Diaz, Reus & Targ’s Economic Sanctions Presentation, Bogota, Colombia, 2018.
- Quoted, DUI Conviction of Former Miami-Dade Police Officer Reversed on Appeal, https://www.jdsupra.com/
legalnews/dui-conviction-of- former-miami-dade-poli-75168/, JD Supra, December 31, 2015.
- Author, How Will Lawsuits Targeting Banks Affect Brazil’s Economy?, Interamerican Dialogue’s Latin American Advisor | Financial Services, November 11, 2013.
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Deputy Regional President – Region VIII (Florida) (2018-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law – Vice-Chair International Ethics Committee (2018-2021)
- Economics of Blockchain and Digital Assets – Wharton School of Business, UPenn (2022)
- Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Trial Law – Florida Bar (2016-2021)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist – ACAMS (2016-2021)
- Certified Contract Advisor – NFL Players’ Association (2015-2018)