Paola Sanchez Torres
Paola Sanchez Torres is a partner at Sanchez Fisher Levine, LLP. She is an experienced international litigator and routinely represents clients in complex business disputes. Paola’s practice is focused in the areas of commercial litigation, international arbitration, and transactional matters. Her clients include major corporations, small businesses, domestic individuals, and foreign entities transacting in the United States.
Paola holds an LL.M. degree in Law and Entrepreneurship from Duke University and has substantial experience in matters relating to business formation and corporate governance issues. She has represented various clients in partnership disputes and contentious shareholder litigation in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining Sanchez Fischer Levine, Paola was a partner at a prominent international litigation firm, where she represented individuals, corporations, and foreign governments in complex commercial disputes stemming from Latin America.
Paola was born in Bolivia and is fluent in Spanish.
- Represented roofing sub-contractor in a Spanish-language breach of contract arbitration against general contractor of airport expansion project in Latin America.
- Represented Central American company in federal court litigation brought by a U.S. based commodities broker for breach of contract.
- Represented South American entrepreneurs in dispute related to their investment in a Venezuela-based joint venture.
- Represented personal representative of estate in wrongful death action against Mexican resort chain.
- LL.M., Law and Entrepreneurship, Duke University School of Law (2020)
- J.D. American University, Washington College of Law (2012)
- B.S.B.A. Business Management, American University (2009)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist – ACAMS (2018)
- “Rising Star” – Florida Superlawyers (2017-2019)
- “Rising Legal Star” – Latinvex (2018)